Annons:
Taglifestyle
Read 2437 times
Evelina
2018-09-23 16:00

Almond butter banana protein smoothie

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

This smoothie turned out to be better than expected! It really hits the spot if you are craving something unhealthy but decide to substitute for something healthier! I really upped my workout regimen this week and I’ve been feeling constantly hungry do to it. Since I eat a mostly plant based diet, I know I need to keep an eye on my protein intake. That is why protein smoothies are my go to when I feel hungry in between meals! What you’ll need: One ripe banana 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons of almond butter 2 dates 1 cup plant based milk 1 big scoop of plant based protein powder Top with 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips

Annons:
Niklas
2018-09-24 10:20

Does it taste mostly banana? I wonder about the protein. I have read that you don’t really need to add extra protein if you eat a varied vegetarian diet, even if you workout hard. Do you know what’s true?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-24 12:08

#1 It depends on what you want to do. If you want to just maintain your health then eating as low as 10% calories from protein sources is enough, which on a 2000 calorie diet is 50g of protein. Most people should be able to easily get that from plant based sources in their diet - if they eat clean, and aim to incorporate protein rich plant sources in each of their meals. On a vegetarian or a vegan diet, I have noticed it is proportionally easier to eat fat and carbs from plant sources. Especially because I don’t like to eat soy products all that often, such as tofu. My goal right now is that I don’t want to go down in weight but rather build muscle while lowering my body fat percentage. Vegan protein powder allows me to achieve this more easily. And it helps my body recover after a strength workout, if I consume protein right after a workout session. Most body builders and athletes eat around 20-30% or even up to 40% of their calories from protein. I try to eat 20%-25% of my calories from protein, with no more than 60% of my protein coming from protein powders. That’s about 80-100g of protein a day for me with 17-60g of protein coming from protein powder, depending on my workout schedule. It really depends on your body too. If you feel tired and sluggish quite often, your body could be needing some extra protein. While other people feel just fine consuming a lower amount. Vegan protein powder also allows me to get something in me, even if I am not hungry but I know I need to eat something (not as a meal replacement but a snack). When I have a migraine, Im often not hungry and chewing can make the pain worse so a protein shake can Help until I can get some solid food in me. It’s tastes like banana and almond butter! Just as if you were to eat a banana and almond butter toast.

Niklas
2018-09-24 12:45

Thanks for the extensive answer!

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-09-24 17:39

Looks tasty Evelina! I often feel tired, I never thought protein could be my answer.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: