Beginner Tips

A Beginner's Progression Into Inversions

2018-07-01 19:26 #0 by: Evelina

I like the second exercise! I have been trying to work on doing handstands. The other thing I do is stand with my feet on the wall with my hand on the floor. My body is in a 90 degree angle, so that my upper body is stacked above my hands and shoulders and my legs are perpendicular to the wall. Laughing

2018-07-16 21:03 #1 by: jadekintz

This is very helpful. I still can't handstand but I also don't trust my balance all to much yet which is probably why I haven't progressed lol!

2018-07-17 09:56 #2 by: Evelina

Have you been able to establish a foundation to do a headstand? 

That is the first step before trying to do handstands! I can do a headstand but I am still building shoulder strength to be able to do a hand stand. Headstands are actually easy to balance once you figure it out, its all about small progression rather than hopping straight into. 

2018-07-25 15:48 #3 by: jadekintz

#2 I haven't yet, I really need to get to practicing! I don't have much upper arm strength myself so maybe some light weights would help build those muscles?

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.