Annons:
Tagashtanga-yoga
Read 6101 times
jadekintz
2018-06-22 17:30

One Legged Wheel pose

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

As of lately I have been taking my time and really putting my energy into my practice. In honor of International Yoga Day yesterday here is my attempt at a one legged wheel pose. 

With the pose it is extremely important to not push yourself and make sure you are loose and limber to prevent back injury. 

When doing your back bend make sure that your feet are square with your hips and facing forward. You want your body to resemble the letter "U" not the letter "V" (this tip helped me tremendously).  Engage your core to keep your balance and slowly lift your leg to the best of your ability, remember DON'T PUSH IT, this is a learning process and it is okay to go at your own pace. That is the fun of yoga in my opinion, learning and pushing yourself a little further everyday.

• Edited by Niklas 2022-02-07 10:49
Annons:
Evelina
2018-06-23 21:46

Fun! I like to do these in the end of my practice during finishing sequence. I like to do a sort of push up while in the pose, touch the top of my head to the floor and back up into the pose for five full breaths. 😉

jadekintz
2018-06-26 00:19

#1 I will have to try that tonight. I don't have very much arm strength so I may fall on my head Laughing

Evelina
2018-06-27 05:38

#2 just start out slow and you will be fine! Laughing

jadekintz
2018-07-25 17:51

So I tried the push ups after downward facing dog and going into cobra, and i felt the burn Hot

Scroll to top
Annons: