I would like to know more about you, and your yoga journey!
- Whats your experience with yoga? Are you a total beginner? Just someone who likes to read about yoga? Intermediate? A long time and advanced yogi?
- Whats your favourite style of yoga?
- Is yoga your only approach to fitness? Do you do other fitness activities?
- When and where do you practice most often?
- How did you get into yoga?
- How has yoga improved your life?
- Favourite thing about practicing yoga?
My name is Evelina, I am 24 yrs old, from Sacramento, California living in Stockholm Sweden. I have two cats, Maja and Louis. They love to climb on my mat and back while I practise at home.
I have been practising yoga on and off for 8 years. I started practising at home when I was in highschool, or even younger maybe it was in middle school. I bought a yoga book for beginners that was on sale from a book store. I did yoga poses before I went to bed. This was before there was a lot of yoga stuff online for free. So I didn't really know what or how to do it, but I enjoyed it.
I also enjoy road cycling and hiking. I'm not a big runner or gym person.
My favourite style of yoga is Ashtanga, which I just recently discovered, two years ago, a little bit after I moved to Stockholm. I practice at a studio here in the city. I normally practice 2 to 3 times a week in the studio and a couple times at home, as well. One or two days out of the week I practice Yin and Bikram.
Yoga has improved my life more ways than I can count. It has made me more compassionate to myself and to others. It has taught me discipline, mentally and physically. Yoga helps with control my chronic migraine condition. If I have a migraine and practice yoga it will reduce the migraine significantly. It also helps me reduce my stress levels and anxiety. Not to mention, how much stronger I feel practising yoga regularly.
My favourite thing about yoga is meeting wonderful people.