Creating a space for your at home yoga practise is key to sticking to a regular practice!
I know from experience that it's hard to sustain an at home yoga practise. I really enjoy going to the yoga studio to practise. I have always felt like it 'counts' more. I used to feel like if I didn't go to the studio then my practise at home didn't count. I would never stay focused at home, I didn't feel like I tried as hard, etc.
I have been working hard to create an at home space for my practise. You don't really need a designated space to in your home that is solely for the purpose of practising yoga. But you do need enough room, and preferably a quiet area so that you don't get distracted. I practise in my small office room, outside in the field when its nice weather, or in my living room if its quiet enough.
What you'll need:
- A yoga mat
- Candles, or perhaps something calming to have in front of your mat, like a plant or a small statue.
- A towel for sweat
- Glass of water
- If you like hot yoga here's link to a post on how I made my own cheap hot yoga alternative.
- Yoga blocks -if needed
- Blanket -if needed (I like using this one for when I practice Yin yoga)
- Bolster -if needed (Yin yoga)
- Strap -if needed
- Guided practise video -if needed
- Music -if wanted